Saturday, February 5, 2011

An Ode to Protective Styling

 I know its been a while since I've posted but I am coming back with a bang(lol)! But since winter is here for a bit and I am hoping that the groundhog was right about spring being around the corner I had a chance to do some protective styling. 


The first two pictures above is a style that my sister did. She braided the sides and I two-strand twisted the other side w/some water, coconut oil, and Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask that I used more for styling than for deep treatment. The twist really turned out great( the photos really don't do it enough justice.)  But unfortunatley I am going to have to stop usng this praticular product from Shea Moisture since I just realized its been making my scalp very itchy and its because it has avocado oil in it and I am allegeric. Hopefully not all of Shea Moisture products have this because I really love the results minus the itchiness.

  These are my mini twist that I did in November where I just left some hair out in the ends added some gel and some water and these were the results. Next time I wont leave so much hair out in the end because they  shrunk a lot and made my hair look really short. And as time when on it started to look more and more like dreads which was not the look I was going for. But hey you gain some you loose some.



This style was a complete bust! ( Don't mind my crazy face in the second pic.) I had done some bantu knots in the front and had put the hair in the back for an up do but was not working out. So I just plopped on a beanie and called it a day. Hope all of you are keeping warm and if you have any ideas on protective styling I would love to hear about it. Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...